Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Highlight at Chanel

This pretty compact is part of Chanel's Christmas lineup. Yes, that is the first mention of the C word on Ellie Loves but I can't hold back any longer - there are so many lovely things arriving in my letter box to try, so I have to share with you!( I'm going to tag the really lovely things in a 'gift guide' link so perhaps as the time draws nearer you can direct your significant others to that section on the blog and tell them to take their pick!)
Anyway, back to this sublime powder. It is a highlighting powder - you've seen many before now but this really stands out firstly for it's sheer gorgeousness; I almost didn't want to touch it for fear of ruining the design. But touch it I did. And was I glad! It imparts a very subtle highlight to the skin. The shade is perfectly judged - not too sheeny, not at all glittery, just right. The accompanying brush is fine to use; it has real hair so therefore picks up the powder properly and distributes it evenly and lightly over the skin.
In the day, just add a small bit to the top of the cheekbones for a subtle glow but at night, you can go hell for leather; add it to the bridge of the nose, the cupids bow, under the eyebrows. You can even dust it lightly all over the entire face for luminous loveliness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...