Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Perception of Perfection

Right, so I've had the latest foundation on the block, Chanel's Perfection Lumiere, for a few weeks now and haven't posted about it in order to give it a proper test on both mine and other skins. It's always hard to see past the hype with a product launch such as this, so I try to put my 'blogger blinkers' on and not read anything about it so I can make up my own mind!
So, what did I think? I think that it's not a replacement for Pro Lumiere - it is an entirely different foundation and Pro lovers such as myself who were loyal to it's more luminous finish, will miss it. This does, however, do exactly what it says on the tin; it lasts, it looks flawless and it comes in extra shades which is always a good thing. I would advise using a very small amount per application as it really spreads and too much will look cakey. Also, a brush is key to apply and buff it - fingers just don't do it justice.
It is semi-matte as opposed to Pro Lumiere's more satin finish but if your skin is in any way combination/oily this foundation will sit perfectly. If you are more dry or de-hydrated, I don't think you will love this.  A lot of people found that Pro's finish didn't last all day and Chanel have obviously listened to those issues and addressed them with Perfection Lumiere. So what's my verdict? It's a very high quality foundation with a lot of thought behind it which may well fall into 'Hero Product' status but possibly just for normal/combination types. As with everything in life including makeup - you can't please all of the people all of the time!

It launches in Ireland on January 20th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review Ellie - have linked to it in my most recent post as on the strength of this I bought my first foundation brush to make sure I was doing this lovely foundation justice!

Emma xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...