Friday, July 1, 2011

The Story of Two Red Bottles


I was sent these two new Sally Hansen products to test lately and so I decided to give them their first outing at the (fabulous!) wedding I was at last week. The polish is The Complete Salon Manicure which, as the bottle says, is all you need in one bottle. Ditch the base and top coats, this does it all! And it really does. The colour is strong and vibrant and I only had time to apply one (thickish) coat but the colour looked perfect. The shade I wore is the one above, All Fired Up, and I adore it's orange based red tone.


Now, this little bottle was the real star of the show as I have to admit to painting my nails in the car on the way to the wedding (no, I wasn't driving!). I never have enough time to let my nails dry properly and frequently end up with smudges so I was very excited to try this Insta-Dry Top Coat out. It says on the bottle to wait  two minutes after finishing the polish so I did. Then I painted on one coat of Insta-Dry and waited 30 seconds as directed... Guess What? They were dry!! Of course they weren't totally and completely dry, but they were 'get out of the car, get bag from boot, fix makeup, have quick drink and run to wedding without a smudge' dry... Was I happy? Was I ever!

These products do what they claim and therefore are superstars in my book.

5 comments:

Aisling {Rangoli} said...

Lucky you Ellie - I wish people sent me all the lovely make-up they send you! I'm sure you have more than you could ever use...*hint*

Magatha-May said...

I am delighted to know that I'm not the only one who paints her nails on the way to a wedding! Might invest in that top coat.

Shang J. said...

Cool combo :D

Unknown said...

The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat is a staple of mine too! It definitely does the job of drying my nails just enough that I can actually use my hands and don't have to do avoid touching things/doing things because my nails are wet!

Great post!

-Candice :)

Unknown said...

I also used the Insta-Dry on the train last night ( I can never do it on time!)It worked perfectly again... dry before I got off the train!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...