Friday, October 15, 2010

Old Reliable

I can set my watch by it; one week after turning on my central heating for the winter, the skin on my body becomes snake-like! Yes, that's a bit dramatic I suppose but I really can feel it becoming more taut and dry. It' s a horrible feeling, so I know it's time to bring out my faithful Creme de Corps by Kiehls. I first started using this amazing body cream when I worked for Space NK in London many years ago and I have been loyal to it ever since. Back then it was the best seller in the range and it probably still is. I used to come home for visits laden down with bottles for my mum and all of my friends who would get a bit frantic if I dared forget. Thankfully, they opened a gorgeous stand alone store in Dublin in the past year, so goodbye to the days of suitcases filled with the stuff!

It's key ingredients are Beta Carotene, Cocoa Butter and Sesame Oil, all of which merge together to give the silkiest skin I've ever had. The best thing though, is that it feels deeply nourished, and not just the top layer, which I find with some other body creams - it's as though they can't penetrate properly and jut sit on the surface like a layer of grease.
I do think that other Cocoa Butter creams such as Palmers are a worthwhile budget option. They don't have the superior cocktail of quality ingredients that Creme de Corps has, but if funds are as tight as your skin, then they are the way to go.

Today I will be making my annual pilgrimage to Kiehls to stock up on my old reliable. Isn't it great to have something that really works?

It's a body cream that doubles as a security blanket!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Oh that sounds heavenly, my skin is horrific on my arms at the moment. I must try to get my hands on this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...