Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Posh Powder

This is my current powder craze. It's the Phyto Poudre compact by Sisley. Now, firstly I must warn you - it's not cheap. In fact it's very expensive for a powder. Secondly however, it is gorgeous.
It contains lot's of luxe ingredients that other powders don't such as camellia oil and extracts of mallow and linden. It also has silicone for that easy glide on feel. My skin looks really smooth and perfected after I use it and it has a slight, slight sheen too which I love as totally matte powders are cakey, awful and dull-making in my opinion (are you listening MAC studio fix fans?!)
I'm also a sucker for the packaging, which I'm not normally but I feel very on-trend this season when I whip it out!

I don't advocate spending this much money on powder in general; there are fantastic powders out there at a more accessible price point such as those by L'Oreal or MAC so go where your budget allows....

But it is nice to have something luxurious from time to time isn't it!
Due to it's enormous price (€75!) it's one for the Santa list methinks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its fab looking!what is your favourite cheaper powder?

Unknown said...

I think the True Match Powder by L'Oreal is super for the price (€13 I think ) It's silky and smooth but best used with a brush rather than the puff.

Leslie said...

That powder sounds lovely and the case is adorable! There's nothing wrong with a splurge from time to time ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...