Friday, November 25, 2011

Healthy Pretty


This is one 'official' graphic from a cosmetics company that I actually like. In fact, I like it a lot. Oftentimes, they are too OTT, too airbrushed, too unattainable. But Bourjois have done themselves proud with this pretty image that is more Spring-like than Wintery, but a lovely healthy look nonetheless. It's a real 'me' look actually, and very similar to one I will be creating on a shoot this coming Sunday (my absolute last day of work before baby comes in three weeks!) I love the warm red lips and nude eyes - so wearable and gorgeous...
Now, is the product any good I hear you cry! In fact, it is. Very good indeed. It's another of these hybrid foundations that contain serum as well as makeup. They say it contains 'vitamin rich fruit therapy' which helps to even out the skin. I'm not too sure about that claim as I'm always dubious as to how much a foundation, that is designed to merely sit on the surface of the skin, can actually do for the state of your skin. But if you judge this merely as the makeup it is, you will be happy.



It has a nice smooth consistancy, medium coverage and a semi-matte finish that retains a slight glow. As with all of the Bourjois line, they offer good quality products at great price points so it's definitely one to check out. Keep in mind though, that if you can't find your shade, move on! Just because it's nice and cheap, you shouldn't sacrifice finding your exact shade.

2 comments:

siberja said...

I wish I could find their products also in Italy, for now I have to buy them during my visits in the UK.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you happen to know what shade and type of lipstick she is wearing in the graphic? I'm looking for a wearable, nice red and this looks lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...