Thursday, May 13, 2010

All Day Shadow

I am always asked by people on my makeup courses if there is an eye shadow that really lasts throughout the day without collecting in the creases of the eye. I am pleased to tell you that I have found one that goes the distance! I have been trying this great long wear cream shadow by Bobbi Brown for the past few days and it really is lovely. It is best applied with your fingers by gently patting it over the lid with your ring finger and blending it out over the socket of the eye. The key to success is to build it up in soft layers; if you load it on, it will clump and separate, so think that you are smoothing it on rather than packing it on and it will last and last and look pretty. They have a soft shimmer which is great for picking up the light and they have the bonus of not dropping any shimmer particles because of the creamy texture, therefore they are a lifesaver for contact lens wearers or those who can't be bothered with brushes! I have been using the shade called Sandy Gold which is a good everyday tone for almost all eye colours; it's a great basic...go forth and purchase!

1 comment:

alicia said...

Totally agree, it's the best eye shadow I have ever used. I have it on every day and it's amazing! Thanks for the tip on using the fingers, I was using a flat eye make-up brush, but I'll see how I go without it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...