Friday, August 13, 2010

The Ballerina Project


When I was younger I was obsessed with ballerinas and used to love drawing them; I still have some of my notebooks filled with my doodles of them! That obsession is still within me, I just love the beautiful lines of a ballerina in a pose...so beautiful.
So when I came across these shots by The Ballerina Project I was quite excited!

The project is a New York collective that have come together to create some fine art photographs using their combined skills as fashion designers, photographers and dancers.

They are all shot in urban landscapes that use NYC as the backdrop and almost as a character within the shots.

They have such a modern grace...

I think this is an iconic image that could become one of those shots that ultimately everyone recognises. They sell the shots via their Facebook page and auctions on eBay.

(found via cup of jo)

2 comments:

A Certain Vintage said...

oooh my, this post made my heart stop for a minute. Stunningly beautiful, as an ex ballerina these make my heart yearn a little!
Beautiful blog, love finding other Irish beauty bloggers :)

Unknown said...

Hi! Yes, aren't they gorgeous! Thanks for commenting x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...