Monday, July 26, 2010

The Only Way Is Up


I love stairways. I don't think I could live in a bungalow; I like the idea of retreating upstairs away from the inevitable hullabaloo of life downstairs! They also provide a backdrop for interesting design details and your own personal gallery space. Where else can you hang the old family pics or artwork that doesn't quite work in the living room?
I love the feature wallpaper above, the pale wood and the great contemporary banisters...

Is this the Stairway to Heaven?

I adore this stripy carpet and red wall hanging on the landing...I want this house.

Most people put dark tones on the bottom, but I like the reverse. This chocolate tone is gorgeous...warm and welcoming.

(images from here)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...