Monday, November 1, 2010

Draw Me Fashion

I love fashion illustration. I mean really love it. If I could have it all over my house in fabulous frames, I would. It's a little too female though so I won't enforce it on the male in my life; he has enough with the house knee deep in makeup as it is! So perhaps this book will be the way for me to indulge in my illustration pleasure. David Downton is thought of as one the best in this field and I completely agree. He captures the subjects with such elegance...

This is a drawing Downton did for Yves Saint Laurent...I just love the pose.

Twiggy

This was for Giambattista Vialli. Isn't it gorgeous?

I love this one; the watercolour fading in the eye makeup, the red dots of her hairpiece....just beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...