Thursday, November 25, 2010

Rose Gold

It was Victoria Beckham's shoes that got me thinking about rose gold and what a beautiful tone it is. Brian Atwood designed these shoes for her latest collection after she was inspired by her rose gold Rolex. It's such an old fashioned tone and it reminds me of my granny's old wedding ring, but look how current it is now.

The shoes. The beautiful shoes.


The perfect dress colour palette to combine with rose gold details...romantic and beautiful.


Flesh tones and rose gold...a match made in sartorial Heaven.

The Rose Gold eye shadow pigment by MAC. This is stunning when swept over the eye lid for a soft burnished glow. The rose undertones are so flattering on all skin tones.

This is YSL's latest limited highlighting powder; Palette Collector Pour Le Teint which is a soft approach to wearing rose gold. It's gorgeous if lightly dusted all over the face for a winter pick me up or pressed on to the cheek bones to add a light and lift.

Try some Rose Gold somewhere in your look this winter, it's softer and less obvious than bright, yellow-y golds. And much classier...


10 comments:

Siún said...

wow that mac pigment is a beaut. How would you waer it Ellie? Wet? Or with another colour? I think it would be great with mac teddy liner

Unknown said...

Hi Siun,

It is fab isn't it! I would tend to either use it wet or press it over the eye lid with your finger on top of a veil of kohl pencil for a base. Teddy would be perfect actually. Bring it under the lower lashes too with a skinny brush...a bit of shimmer under the lashes looks great.

Savannah said...

Is the MAC pigment a limited edition? I looked on the website and I couldn't find it!

http://www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

xx

Unknown said...

Hi Savannah, I'm not sure if it's limited. I bought mine a few years ago - it may be one of the Pro products. The shade Melon is similar...
x

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Gorgeous! I want more Rose Gold makeup out on the market!

Savannah said...

Thanks Ellie!

xx

Sarah said...

I so want that rose mac pigment!

Skinni Peach said...

those dresses and shoes are fabulous, so stunning! VB's designs are so feminine, if only I had the dosh to invest!

Tass said...

I love rose gold. It's such a pretty feminine colour

Immir said...

what is the name of the mac rose gold pigment? is it rose gold or something else? I can't find it anywhere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...