Monday, November 15, 2010

Second Skin

I've always been a sucker for anything that promises a 'skin like' finish. I'm rarely that impressed though as so many end up looking just too makeup-y. But, I've found the answer and it's a budget superstar too. It's the Second Skin Foundation by Max Factor. I've been wearing it every day for the past two weeks to really get the measure of it and I love it. It glides on smoothly and is light in texture yet actually has a decent level of coverage. A light dusting of powder keeps it in place for the full day. It contains some magic little illumination ingredients so my skin looks full of life, so much so that my Mum thought I looked great and had some sleep (not the case due to Lu's 5.30am starts!). I showed it to some of the lovely ladies on my makeup course yesterday and they loved it too. It's well worth a look and it's great price point make it a winner in my book.

3 comments:

Petals and Peacocks said...

Brilliant review. I want! Would you say it is a light or medium coverage foundation? I need something with enough CONCEALING power to cover pigmentation and the odd breakout... but I would love a non-masky 'skin true' finish! Xx Love and kisses from fellow Irish beauty enthusiast :)

Anonymous said...

what are the colours like ellie? i would really like a budget foundation (so i alternate it with my nars one) but i have yet to find one that i think is a good match for my pale irish skin.

Unknown said...

Hi you two,
Thanks for the comments!
The pale shades are great - I'm using creamy ivory and that pretty much sums up the colour if you ask me. The coverage would be light - medium in my book.

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...